This project represents skills in creative strategy and media relations. Since the inception of the Grand National, the Cow Palace has hosted San Francisco students to help spread agriculture to its urban neighbors. In 2016 a push was created to help streamline and improve previous “school visits” thus Kids at the Palace was born.
Highlights of the program include:
- Transitioning a previously analog contact and enrollment system to digital.
- Researching and obtaining contacts for all schools within the target market.
- Utilizing email marketing and web-based sign-ups in response to teachers’ requests for an easier process.
- Re-structured layout and volunteer set-up to more efficiently use limited resources.
- Leveraged media to spread the word of the program pre-event and day of.
Key achievements of this project:
- Doubled attendance from previous years to reach 500 students.
- Managed a team of 15 from event recruitment through to execution.
- Created a completely unique experience reflective of the Bay Area’s mindset.